The following content displays a map of the jobs location - One Angel Square, Northampton
Supplier and Compliance Lead
The job has expired.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
As the Supplier & Compliance Lead for the Applications Support Team you will be responsible for managing supplier relationships and ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions for DTI Applications Support contracts. Ensure that all supplier reviews are completed, and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) are being met to maintain a high level of quality and service from external vendors.
Responsible for maintaining a position of complete compliance with legislative and organisational requirements, measured via internal and external audit for the applications supported by DTI. Point of contact for auditors coordinating and managing the complete audit & compliance process ensuring all identified risk mitigations and recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will oversee supplier relationships, contract management and robust compliance strategies within our Applications Support Team. A typical day will include:
Guiding Compliance: You'll provide guidance to team members and suppliers, helping them navigate complex situations while ensuring adherence to procurement policies. Your role is crucial in reducing risks and ensuring everyone is on the same compliance page.
Supplier Relationships: Building strong relationships with suppliers is key. You'll manage their performance, making sure they deliver quality services on time and within budget. Regular reviews and SLA monitoring will ensure top-notch external services.
Effective Contract Management: Managing contracts for Applications Support is your focus. Keeping track of contract expiration dates and setting up review schedules are part of your daily tasks. You'll establish a process to enhance contract management across the team.
Optimising Supplier Performance: Monitoring supplier metrics and devising improvement plans. Reporting on compliance and effectiveness, you'll work on reducing risks and boosting performance from contractors and partners.
Budget Oversight: You'll handle budget monitoring and forecasting for Applications Support contracts. Identifying cost-saving opportunities and streamlining services will be your focus.
Audit and Compliance: As the primary point of contact for auditors, you'll ensure all requirements are met. Your expertise in compliance and processes will reassure that control over business-critical applications is maintained.
Documentation and Policies: Keeping documentation up-to-date is essential. You'll maintain records related to applications compliance and support processes, ensuring all protocols are followed.
User Access Policies: You'll be responsible for implementing and maintaining User Access Policies. This guarantees that only authorised personnel have access to sensitive data. Regular assessments and audits will uphold compliance and data security.
We’re looking for a natural leader! You will be that ideal person with strong analytical skills and an excellent eye for detail. You love data, it is second nature to you. You’re a problem-solver with great communication skills. You’re a get-things-done sort of person with a knack for strategy development and improvement.
If you're the kind of person who can watch over supplier performance, ensuring they stick to their commitments through regular reviews and tackling issues head-on, we want you. Your knack for managing suppliers, navigating risks, and extracting value from partnerships is crucial. You're not just a data person – you're someone who spots trends, makes informed decisions, and knows contracts inside out. Excellent communication is your secret weapon – not just talking, but negotiating and smoothing out conflicts. And your ability to influence and convince senior managers and stakeholders? That's what drives improvement and keeps us on track.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.