The following content displays a map of the jobs location - One Angel Square, Northampton
Training Coordinator (Mental Health and Wellbeing)
The job has expired.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the WNC Public Health Team as a Training Coordinator (Mental Health and Wellbeing), helping to support ongoing commitments to improve health outcomes for all residents within the local community.
What will you be doing?
The Training Coordinator Mental Health and Wellbeing will support in enabling the directorate to work with a wide range of partners to coordinate and implement the Northamptonshire All-Age Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Training Framework
You will have experience in preparing, coordinating, developing and delivering a high standard of training and promotional materials for different target audiences. This should include experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, Health and Social Care or the voluntary sector to deliver training programmes.
You must also be able to demonstrate knowledge of training competency frameworks and quality assurance processes, as well as a knowledge of the application of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion tools in training delivery.
You must have experience of supporting projects through its full cycle and be able to work on concurrent projects. You should also hold a recognised Training or Learning and Development qualification as well as a Project Management qualification or equivalent experience.
In addition, you must have a flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to situations and problem solve. You should also have excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively, be well organised and manage your own workload.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 9th October 2023.
For further information about the role, please contact Louise Harrington, Public Health Programme Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org; or Aarti Kumari, Suicide Prevention Officer on email@example.com
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.