The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Ely
Team Manager - Adolescent Team
The job has expired.
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits. Benefits include:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements, including agile working
- Generous annual leave entitlement and flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Are you an experienced social work professional looking for the next step in your career? Come and join us in the Adolescent Team as our Team Manager!
We have recently joined the Youth Support Service which means we are closely aligned with the Youth Justice Service (YJS) and SAFE! team, who work with young people involved in criminal exploitation. As a result of these increasingly close links, as a Senior Practitioner you will be working alongside police officers, health workers, psychologists, education workers, substance misuse workers, as well as Social Workers (of course!) and many others.
We work in a trauma informed way, allowing our practitioners to have reflective practice sessions to support them and allow time to consider approaches. Your role will be integral in this. We have extensive support from senior management to ensure that we are able to deliver effective interventions that make a difference for young people and their families, in all aspects of their lives.
With our recent changes, now is a great time to join us and be part of these exciting developments.
Our Team Managers think creatively in delivering support to children and young people and understanding thresholds. The role includes work allocation, performance monitoring, management oversight, dealing with staffing issues and supporting the training and development of the team.
We are dedicated to providing Social Workers and Senior Practitioners with a professional, safe and supportive environment to work in, and our Team Managers are vital in this.
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don’t wait to apply!
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact Service Manager Tom Watt on 01223 507220 or email@example.com
In Children’s Services we are working to reshape what we do and how we do it. Why not be part of it?
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work.
What will you be doing?
The day-to-day responsibilities of a Team Manager in the Adolescent Team include:
- Working in a leadership role with multiple agencies and services focussing on Contextual Safeguarding with adolescents who are at risk of or have experienced exploitation.
- Leading the team working with adolescents who have experienced multiple challenges, and providing leadership around areas including Child in Need, Child Protection and Children in Care.
- Lead the team with a strong focus including trauma informed practice, motivational interviewing and reflective practice.
- Supervision and development of practitioners, identifying areas of strengths and areas to improve and implement appropriate plans to achieve this.
- Manage the delivery of the team to ensure it is a high quality and effective service that responds to the needs of children, young people and their families or carers in a timely manner within statutory guidelines or service specifications.
- Manage the planning, allocation and review of cases and ensure priorities are managed.
- Lead on customer service and stage 1 complaints.
- Manage the recruitment and staffing of the team.
- Provide expert knowledge of safeguarding processes, policy and case law.
- Lead on initiating, developing and sustaining internal and external working relationships with other professionals and partner agencies.
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Have a degree level Social Work qualification and hold a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we firmly believe benefits our colleagues, the organisation and our communities. If you don’t meet every single requirement in the job role but think this could be you, please don’t be put off. We are committed to building a workplace that is compassionate and inclusive as well as diverse, so if you think you could be a good candidate for this role please consider applying and speak to the recruiting manager if you have any questions.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, along with our employee network 'IDEAL' and self-organised peer support groups help us to foster an inclusive, supportive and safe working environment where people feel valued, respected, and empowered. We collect relevant diversity data for monitoring as part of the recruitment process to understand the diversity of our applicants and monitor any trends throughout the recruitment processes so that we can take meaningful action.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We fully support providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, as well as when you join us, and we encourage candidates to contact the Hiring Manager, whose details can be found in the advert, to discuss any adjustment needs. Some examples of adjustments could include additional time to complete an assessment or printing a document on pastel coloured paper with larger font size and line spacing. We would value talking about what might be possible to enable you to join us and thrive, so if there is something that would help you to do your best during your journey with us, please get in touch.