The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Northamptonshire
Social Worker (Adults Social Care) - Full or Part Time
This job has been closed.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Social Workers to join our teams in West Northamptonshire.
Find out more about our teams here: http://www.westnorthants.gov.uk/adultssocialworkerjobs
West Northants Council uses the “three conversations” model, where appropriate, which re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths, and the networks through the development of community and Inclusion hubs. We are looking for Social Workers who are passionate about ensuring people have choice and control over their own support needs and focus on the person, their strengths and networks.
We welcome applications for full or part time positions.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for Social Workers who are passionate about ensuring people have choice and control over their own support needs and focus on the person, their strengths and networks.
Our Social Workers act as 'trusted assessors' for defined areas of support plans. They conduct or support individual assessments (including risk assessments of both the customer and carer, in line with eligibility criteria to assess the dependency needs of the customer) or facilitate self-assessments, using the appropriate assessment tools and techniques in order to establish clear, relevant, proportionate, cost effective and appropriate options for the individual.
- Have a social work qualification and are registered with Social Work England
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, you’re hardworking and committed with enthusiasm for this role.
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices.
- You are proactive and can think creatively. You demonstrate problem solving abilities, working alongside people to enable them to find their own solutions.
- You exercise professional curiosity rather than accept things at face value or make decisions based on assumptions.
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of delivering social care outcomes to people in need.
- Have good communication and IT skills.
- Able to prioritise, using a risk-based approach.
- You put your ability to analyse and take action in challenging situations to good use and are confident in seeking support.
- You are willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, including community groups and the voluntary sector as well as colleagues in health and other sectors.
- You love a challenge and have an openness to learn.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.