The following content displays a map of the jobs location - One Angel Square
Business Support Team Leader
This job has been closed.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
What will you be doing?
You will be line managing the business support team, allocating resources within the team, and ensuring that the day-to-day business requirements are met. The School Attendance Support Service is responsible for a range of workstreams related to elective home education, children missing from education, school attendance and where pupils have been permanently excluded. Therefore, an ability to multitask, supervise records and management information systems relevant to the service and maximise productivity is a key part of the role.
Interviews will be held w/c 2 January 2024
For more information about the role, contact: Paulette.Wright@westnorthants.gov.uk
You will have extensive experience working within a local government setting and working with key stakeholders, significant experience of working within a business support function and have the ability to prioritise work, understanding the pressures and challenges within the service.
The ability to build positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders is key to and to work collaboratively to meet the challenges faced. You will be able to problem solve and not be afraid to have difficult and challenging conversations and so resilience and tenacity will be essential attributes. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively are essential.
We want a talented, ambitious, and passionate person to come and take on this challenging and rewarding role.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.