The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Ridgway House
Care & Support Assistant - Full or Part Time (Ridgway House)
Job Reference Ref/61/363
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Ridgway House provides exceptional levels of support in residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in a residential suburb in Towcester and it offers a warm friendly environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With a programme of activities, our care team evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a Care & Support Assistant, you’ll support our residents who may be living with dementia or a physical disability within a specialist support centre setting.
Giving our residents whatever level of support they need – from helping them to choose the right outfit to delivering personal care including washing them or brushing their teeth.
You’ll get to know our residents by talking to them. Helping with their medication, mealtimes, organising and taking part in activities and generally ensuring all our residents are living their best lives.
Please note, this vacancy has full and part time positions available.
Shifts: 7.30am - 2.30pm & 2.15pm - 9.15pm, alternate weekends with a little extra pay on Sundays.
You don’t need previous experience in social care, or qualifications, we will provide all the training and support you need to give you the skills and confidence be able to care for our residents.
If you agree with the below statements - we'd love to hear from you
- People can rely on me
- I really care about others
- I like to help people
- I enjoy being active
- I’m a good listener
- I can understand how others feel
- I’m a practical type of person
- I’m observant
A DBS check will be carried out and paid by WNC.
Please check out the postcode of workplace before you apply (NN12 6).
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job.
We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.