The following content displays a map of the jobs location - New Shire Hall, Emery Crescent, Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Weald, Huntington PE28 4YE
Social Worker - Children in Care
Job Reference Ref/233/501
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We are looking for committed and enthusiastic Social Workers that know good practice and have great mentoring and leadership skills. Cambridgeshire County Council are currently looking for Social Workers in the Children in Care team.
Are you passionate about working children and young people? Do you want to undertake more direct work and use your skills and experience to have a meaningful long-lasting impact on the children we look after?
We are looking to appoint an experienced, flexible, enthusiastic, and conscientious Social Worker to work with our young people.
The successful candidate will be a part of an experienced, proactive, and supportive team with a proven track record of supporting and assisting children and young people to reach their potential.
Our aim is to achieve permanence for children who become Looked After and to ensure that children and young people are in a home which meets their needs, reflects their right to safety and security and encourage them to reach their full potential at every stage of their development. This includes supporting all looked after children and young people to meet their full educational potential and to promote their health including their mental health.
To be the right person for this role, you will have excellent communication skills, a proven track record of building positive relationships and experience of working with children and young people as well as a drive and passion to achieve the best outcomes for every child and young person.
We currently have vacancies in the following locations, all of which have excellent public and private transport links:
All staff have an allocated work base, being your main place of work, but you can access many of our corporate buildings across Cambridgeshire to work, hold and attend meetings.
We can offer you:
A supportive environment to use your skills knowledge and experience as a social worker to engage with children and young people.
Help and Support from a dedicated reunification service to support and rebuild relationships with parents while following the NSPCCC reunification framework.
A tailored training plan to help you progress your career in the direction you wish.
A Generous retention bonus.
Help and Support from the Special Clinician Team who work alongside the Children in Care teams.
This is a rolling campaign and we will review applications daily, so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. We want to speak to you now!
Apply or get in touch with us today by calling Beth on 01223 475920. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews can be held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.