The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Scott House, 5 George Street, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3AD
Social Worker – Adoption Support (1 year Fixed-Term)
Job Reference Ref/233/570
This job has been closed.
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We’re looking for Social Workers to join us in the Adoption & Special Guardianship Support Team of the Regional Adoption Agency. This is an exciting opportunity, where you would join a therapeutic team offering support services to children and families impacted by their journey to a safe permanent home.
As part of the government changes to improve the adoption process they have asked local authorities and Voluntary Adoption Agencies working in the same areas to join together to form Regional Adoption Agencies (RAA). The Regional Adoption Agency (RAA) which is a joint venture between Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council, brings together the very best talent, experience and energy to increase the number of adopters across the county and give children loving & stable families.
The team models are routed in developmental trauma and attachment, and we work with a range of stakeholders to provide a child-centred comprehensive approach. Core services of the team include parenting support, family work, individual work with children, advice and guidance, birth records counselling, intermediary services, counselling for birth relatives, life story work, letterbox and contact.
We are an countywide service with an office based in Huntingdon. All staff have an allocated work base, being your main place of work, but you can access many of our corporate buildings across Cambridgeshire to work, hold and attend meetings.
For an informal discussion, please call the Team Manager Kelly Johnson on 07442041879 or e-mailing Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aren’t what you might think a typical local government organisation looks like. We understand the work you do on a daily basis, and we provide the support you need to make a difference to children throughout Cambridgeshire.
The support we offer our Children’s Social Workers comes in many forms. Whether it’s providing flexibility to those going through difficult personal circumstances, encouraging those that want to take the next step in their career, or even helping social workers with a background in Adult’s Social Work transition to the Children’s Service. We value our Social Workers and are happy to provide the support they need to excel in their career.
Apply or get in touch with us today by calling Beth on 01223 475920. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews can be held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
What will you be doing?
The role will include:
- Undertaking initial and complex assessments
- Working on our Duty Function, offering consultations to families and professionals regarding family's needs, completing needs-based assessments and signposting to other services where appropriate
- Effectively delivering/managing interventions for children and families, some of which will be commissioned, and Adoption Support Fund (ASF) funded with a focus would be towards supporting the development of strong, healthy, safe and attuned attachment relationships.
- Working with colleagues most notably in Children’s Services, Education and CAMHS to best support families.
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.