The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Relief Holiday Club Play Leader - Children and Young People
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Are you a natural leader and enjoy using your initiative to problem solve?
Are you a fun, creative and motivated person who has a passion for supporting disabled children and young people? Then perhaps a Play Leader role is the ideal job for you.
CamPlay is part of the Community Support Service, running clubs for Children and Young People aged 6-19 years across the county of Cambridgeshire.
We have Saturday clubs and youth clubs running at weekends and holiday clubs running during the summer, Easter and Christmas school holidays, supporting a wide range of children and young people with a learning and or physical disability. We provide a safe, fun and engaging place where children and young people can play, make friends, get out into their local community and develop lifelong skills in preparation for adulthood.
CamPlay clubs run in Chatteris, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech, Huntingdon, St Neots, Cambridge and Grafham Water. Our Holiday Clubs specifically run Ely, March, Wisbech, Huntingdon, St Neots and Cambridge. You can chose which locations to work in.
"My son absolutely LOVES going to club. Every session he comes out and says it was the best one yet and is already looking forward to the next one. He talks about his friends from club all the time at home and feels safe enough to challenge himself and do things he wouldn't do at home." – Parent.
- Experience of supporting children, young people or adults with a disability
- Strong leadership skills in a fast paced and busy environment
- Reliable, motivated and able to work and lead a diverse team
- Able to encourage and promote independence, choice and communication
- Understanding of the significance of safeguarding and implementation of procedures
What we can offer you..
- Play Leaders are required during our summer, Easter and Christmas Holiday Clubs
- Flexible work as a Play Worker around your schedule when our holiday clubs are not running at our Saturday and youth clubs, paid at £11.18 per hour
- Bespoke induction and mentoring program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Regular supervision, support and monthly team meetings
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team to work within
"CamPlay is a really nice environment to work in. The Managers and Club Leaders not only give praise to the group but will always take time to highlight good practice and successes for individual staff members" – Play Worker
We’d love you to give us a call and have a chat about the Play Leader role and our service. We can tell you much more about how wonderful it is to work at CamPlay.
You can call us on 01480 379800 or if you prefer, email us at email@example.com
This is an ongoing recruitment campaign and interviews will be held regularly.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.