The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre, Corby
Senior Carer/Shift Leader (Thackley Green)
The job has expired.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre is a versatile and multi-purpose unit based in Great Oakley, Corby, with a welcoming environment where people can receive high quality and compassionate support to enable them to return to their own homes. The environment is well maintained, with communal lounges and dining areas in addition to inviting bedrooms, each with its own spacious private bathroom facilities including accessible walk-in showers.
There are landscaped enclosed gardens surrounding the Centre. Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre is designed to offer a range of short-term services including reablement, rehabilitation and respite, for adults over 65. Professional support is provided by a committed and passionate Multi-Disciplinary Team including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Care Managers, and Reablement Support Workers who develop individualised programmes that promote independence and reablement by utilising strength-based strategies and therapeutic resources including a therapy kitchen and gym for assessments.
What will you be doing?
As a shift leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a key worker for designated customers. Ensuring they are supported in all aspects of their life.
- Monitoring and administering medication, personal care and as directed by their individual care plan, help maintain health and wellbeing.
- Prioritise and direct the workload of team members accordingly, ensuring any issues are dealt with as they arise.
- Ensure all administration tasks are carried out with accuracy. Inputting additional information onto care plans, as required.
- Liaising with health care professionals.
Working hours of 8pm to 8am consisting of either 12, 24 or 36 hours per week (Sunday enhancements).
- Previous experience within a Care / Shift Leader position.
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social care or equivalent.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.