The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Lewis Road, Corby
Part time, Kitchen Assistant (Thackley Green)
The job has expired.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre is a versatile and multi-purpose unit based in Great Oakley, Corby, with a welcoming environment where people can receive high quality and compassionate support to enable them to return to their own homes. The environment is well maintained, with communal lounges and dining areas in addition to inviting bedrooms, each with its own spacious private bathroom facilities including accessible walk-in showers.
There are landscaped enclosed gardens surrounding the Centre. Our centre is designed to offer a range of short-term services including reablement, rehabilitation and respite, for adults over 65. Professional support is provided by a committed and passionate Multi-Disciplinary Team including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Care Managers, and Reablement Support Workers who develop individualised programmes that promote independence and reablement by utilising strength-based strategies and therapeutic resources including a therapy kitchen and gym for assessments.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will support the Cook in the preparation of all food/meals for customers (and members of staff, where appropriate) in readiness for cooking or serving. You will also prepare the dining area for customers and assist in serving of food and drinks at mealtimes.
When working with customers, we are looking for people that will ensure that customers have a high quality dining experience, and always treat customers with kindness, respect and compassion, to help foster a feeling of happiness and contentment.
What will you be doing?
- Wash, clean and tidy up serving utensils, kitchen and serving areas.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in kitchen and eating areas, careful handling of food/cleanliness and tidiness of work areas, in compliance with policies and regulations, and being mindful of allergies/germs and infection control.
- Ensure that residents’ well-being and dignity is preserved and that they are properly safeguarded. Report any concerns to the manager on duty in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- To always be mindful of treating our residents with kindness, respect and compassion, that helps foster a feeling of happiness and contentment for residents.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, e.g. infection control, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety within the company.
Working 11 hours per week between 7.30am - 7pm with alternate weekends
Any previous catering experience is desirable but not essential.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.