The following content displays a map of the jobs location - The Forum, Towcester
Principal Social Worker/Care Manager
Job Reference Ref/339/736
This job has been closed.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
If you are passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic person who will become part of the local community and work directly with people undertaking conversations with people, signposting, and supporting them to access their community and completing Care Act assessments of people to identify any needs. You will be supervising a number of social work staff as well as non-qualified staff and leading and empowering them to be creative and implement a strength based way of working. You will support the Team Manager and alongside contributing to managing budgets in line with West North Council policies and guidance. You will also need to have a clear understanding of safeguarding and will be responsible for authorising outcomes and decisions.
West Northants Council uses daily a model, three conversations, that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths, and the networks through the development of community and Inclusion hubs. We are looking for staff who believe it is important to ensure people have choice and control over their own support needs and focus on the person, their strengths, and networks.
What will you be doing?
Your role is to provide and maintain a high quality of direct practice within the team to promote independence, social inclusion and the safeguarding of adults.
To undertake delegated responsibility for the functioning of the team.
You will be managing a team of staff that work with people aged 18 and above who may have physical, sensory, cognitive impairments and people with mental health needs, homelessness and substance misuse or age related illnesses.
• Have a Social Work qualification and are registered with General Social Care Council
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be confident with supervising staff
• Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices
• Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of delivering social care outcomes to people in need.
• Have good communication and IT skills
• Able to prioritise, using a risk-based approach
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.